In 1915, Santos FC adopted the alias União FC, in order to be able to compete in the Campeonato Santista. With the new nomenclature, a new shield was created, and in 1915 the Saints provisionally used a shield with the initials U.F.C. on a black background.
In the early 1940s, more precisely in 1942, a new shield was created, with the letters SFC intertwined on a white background. The shield did not take off, and was used until 1944.
The current emblem appeared in 1925. The stars above the shield were inserted in 1968, representing the achievements of the 1962-1963 Two-time World Cup. Before 1925, Santos FC did not use a badge on their shirts (except in 1915, due to FC Union).